History of Euxton War Memorial Club

EUXTON WAR MEMORIAL CLUB The Euxton War Memorial Club, originally a wooden hut, was opened in 1921 by the then Prince of Wales during his tour of Lancashire that year. As time passed it gained the local nickname of the 'Silver Slipper' and was rebuilt in it's current style in 1985. Now affectionally known as The "Insti" it has removed its "cloth cap" and joined the new millenium.